The output is the result of a research made by the partners. It is a collection of entries aiming to bring ideas and practices in teaching the host countries’ language to migrants and refugees and to stimulate new thinking and experimentation.Read more...
A vibrant multimedia tool that will contain the Lingua+ practices grouped into Learning Paths. While in Output 3, the practices were only listed, in Output 4 these will be described in detail, accompanied by audio and video files, completed with recommended reading and links.Read more...
The Guide will provide the basis of the programme that will enable teachers with know-how on Lingua+ methods and practices through F2F training. This will be completed by a MOOC for online training through the EPALE portal of the Commission. Read more...
The mobile app will facilitate the widest possible dissemination of project results and will contribute to the establishment of a vivid community of users that will continue to use and extend the project results beyond the funding period. Read more...
Pictures and video
Main objectives are:
1. Developing and implementing innovative, language learning programs for adult migrants, refugees, asylum seekers:
- in line with their needs of cross–cultural adaptation and orientation, particularly addressing illiterate learners ;
- learner- centeredness;
- based on plurilingual education and linguistic diversity;
- using participatory approach and ICT.
2. Enhancing the professional competence of language trainers, educators and volunteers by supplying didactic tools and hands-on experiences in holistic migrant language teaching.
3. Increasing capacity and professionalism of participating institutions to work at international level by increasing quality in the preparation, implementation, monitoring and follow- up of international projects.
Lingua+ addresses target groups on two levels:
Adult educators (teachers, trainers, volunteers) as a primary group needing innovative teaching/training tools and pedagogic resources to facilitate integration of migrants through effective, holistic language teaching; and
Migrants themselves as main target and reference group for testing out and valuating project outcomes.
The project Lingua+ goes straight into the heart of the urgent matter of immigrant integration in Europe. A basic knowledge of the host -country language is a crucial factor in determining integration success across Europe, including Iceland as a relatively new destination for immigrants.
Our experience tells us that existing methodologies and learning scenarios designed for adult immigrant learners lack a holistic approach.
Lingua+ brings innovation into the linguistic integration of immigrants by offering tools to language teachers through state of the art methodologies and practices embedded into socio-cultural interplay. The acquisition of means to express the learner’s own diverse identity through the process of adaption to a new cultural environment are essential components of the Lingua+ approach.
During the project, the following outputs will be delivered:
In the second half of 2018, a series of workshops in partner countries will be held, with the aim to test Lingua+ tools for host-country language teaching. Working versions of the main tools will be handed to the educators and trainers for further practical testing. Feedback, advices, recommendations and other insight will be a priceless added value and will be taken into account for further adjustments of the outputs.